Colin and Phil return, buoyed by the news that Science Fiction 101 has risen to number 6 in Feedspot's league table of Best UK Sci-Fi Podcasts!
Our main discussion topic the contentious issue of the "canon" of science fiction, triggered by a blog post by Dr Shaun Duke. We also have a movie quiz, and the usual round-up of past/present/future SF.
Here are links to the items we discuss:
- Shaun Duke's blog post on the SF canon, and why it doesn't exist
- Duke's follow-up post, including a draft SF canon from 1961!
- The full sci-fi movie quiz, from Triviawell
- Stephen King's Firestarter, basis of a new (and old) movie
- Short film based on Arthur C. Clarke's "The Nine Billion Names of God"
- The LA Times Ray Bradbury Prize-winning short story collection Spirits Abroad by Zen Cho
- A new Doctor Who!
- The new Emeka Walter Dinjos Memorial Award honours writers with disabilities and writers who depict disability in SF.
We hope you enjoy the episode:
Other podcast platforms carrying Science Fiction 101 include:
Amazon Music - Anchor - Apple Podcasts/iTunes - Audible - Breaker - Bullhorn - Castbox - Deezer - Google Podcasts - Listen Notes - Player FM - Pocket Casts - Podbean - Podcast Addict - The Podcast App - Podcast Index - Podchaser - Podfriend - Podlink - Podtail - RadioPublic - Spotify - Stitcher - TuneIn - YouTube